Friday, February 3, 2012

The Conan O'Brien Bobble Hair doll

So, a couple of months ago, my friend Nathan asked me to create a Bobble HAIR doll of Conan O'Brien...where only his HAIR would bobble! So, seeing as how this had never been done before, to my knowledge, and the idea seemed especially ridiculous, I HAD to figure out how this could be done...

So, after calling my brother Alan's years of mold making experience, I followed his advice that there was no way I'd get a mold done fast enough in the time frame I had allotted, so I decided to make this as a one-off, with the idea that if I could get this in front of Conan himself somehow, one would be all I would need anyway. And so I began...


After trying various different avenues, I went to the very excellent Douglass and Sturgess  in downtown San Francisco. There, I discovered the materials with which I would create my Talisman.

What you see here is the second phase of production, before painting....more to come on this...

to see the final result, as it appeared on the Conan O'Brien show, go here to see the monologue, and here to see the whole show!

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to be putting this into production? I WANT this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister desperately wants one of these dolls any way to get purchase one from you??!!

    ernanderson20@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete